Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dear District of Columbia

Dear District of Columbia,

Why is it we can't visit your wonderful monuments and museums without receiving some sort of citation? First you send us a ticket for running a red light, which we have no recollection of running. That citation was mailed to our old APO address in Amman, Jordan. By the time we received the ticket it had a hefty $200. late fee! Then today we received a parking ticket for a meter that we paid in full. Are you just out to get us? I am beginning to think so. We did track down the officer who gave us the citation due to a "faulty meter" and she said there was nothing she could do once a ticket had been issued. Is that really true? Forgive me if I do not visit your fine city anytime soon, but I feel I can't afford to do so!

Sincerely, Shelley 

No comments:

Post a Comment