Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dear Daughter

Dear Daughter,

Well, the mystery has been solved. For months I have been curious as to why you kept losing your inhalers. With a $40.00 insurance co-pay per inhaler, it has been an expensive year. I also felt like I was often buying you new socks. Then I emptied your bag holding the contents of your gym locker. There were six inhalers, and roughly 20 pair of socks that had been living in your gym locker this school year. I shouldn't use the word "living" when the smell was more reminiscent of death. I think your punishment will just be the natural consequence: I will not be buying any new inhalers for awhile. In the meantime when you have asthma your inhaler is going to give you a mouthful of stinky gym sock relief.

Sincerely, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment