Monday, January 23, 2012

Dear Dubai

Dear Dubai,

I finally got my husband to take me to the movie Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. Hubby is not a huge Tom Cruise fan, nor am I for that matter. But I heard it was filmed in your glamorous city, so we had to see it. I loved the movie, but was disappointed to not see more of you. You were in the midst of a sandstorm for a good portion of that part of the film. Now, I am assuming that scene was Hollywoodized and the sandstorms are not that quick to come or intense. Are they really like that?

We are moving to you this summer. I can hardly wait. I have lived in Jordan and I speak some Arabic. I hope to serve you well. I think me coming will be mutually beneficial. I promise to serve the needy in your community and promote tourism by recruiting my family and friends to come visit. In return I ask for many sunny days by the pool with minimal sandstorms.

Sincerely,

Shelley (future resident)

P.S. Did you notice my name has the word “shell” in it. I was also given the nickname “Shams” (the word for “sunny” in Arabic, as you know) in my Arabic class. I think it is destiny bringing us together (not my husband’s employer).

1 comment:

  1. Yes, thank you Dubai. We want to come - but not on a day that has sand storms!

    ReplyDelete