Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dear Family

Dear family,
I am so glad you liked Sunday dinner tonight. I must say quesadillas and seven-layer dip was not a traditional dinner, but it was yummy. I am glad the dip was a success. Remember when I tried to make seven-layer dip in Jordan last year? Whoa, was that a disaster! I should have known it wouldn't work when dealing with the following factors:
1. All ground meat in the Middle East has a certain percentage of lamb mixed in.
2. Avocados are expensive and they do not taste quite the same.
3. You can't buy taco seasoning.
4. Their sour cream is not sour, just cream.
5. Jordanian olives are delicious, but different in taste from U.S. canned black olives.

It is great being back in the U.S. this year where we can make so many fun things.

Next time I tell you we will be eating a yummy meal while we watch the Superbowl, I'll be sure to check the Superbowl schedule first.

Love, mom

2 comments:

  1. Darling format on the new blog. I am so impressed with the golden arches on the plain burger and fries for your son. And the letter to your daughter was my fave!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That reminds me of the time I was in England and ordered a Spanish Omelet. I thought it would be some delicous concoction of peppers, cheese, salsa, avocado...but it was just egg and peas. Since I haven't been to Spain, I'm not sure if that is authentic or not, but I now know the difference between Spanish food and Americanized Mexican food! I bet your dip was pretty funky!

    ReplyDelete