Sunday, February 19, 2012

Dear Children

Dear Children,

I am so glad you all enjoyed ice skating yesterday. Isn't it ironic that you were all scared to try ice skating and then you all loved it? I know we have not had the snow we hoped for, but at least we got to try out one winter sport.

Let me just make a few clarifications for your benefit.

1. Yes, the ice has to be slippery. I realize you would fall less if it were not slippery, but I am sorry to say ice is always slippery.
2. No, you don't have to wear a helmet like when you ride your bike. I was not neglectful by not bringing your helmet, it really is not required.
3. The vehicle that cleans the ice is called a zambodie, not a zucchini.
4. The sport we saw on the opposite rink is called hockey, not "hugging". Although I can see why you thought it was called hugging, when they are knocking into each other it does kind of look like hugging. Maybe we should suggest a name change. Your cousins play hockey, let's run it by them.

I can clearly see we need to spend more time this year familiarizing you with U.S. culture.

Sincerely, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment