Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad

Dear Mom and Dad,

Happy Anniversary! Wow, 40 years of marriage! What an accomplishment. I promised to not tease you for getting married on Valentine's Day this year, no matter how cheesy I think it is. If I were not tired from helping out with two class parties at the elementary school today I would write a list of the 40 things I admire about your relationship. Let's just go with four instead, sound good?

1. I admire how much you respect one another.
2. I admire you for finding new hobbies to enjoy together.
3. I admire the fact that you always invested in your relationship and took trips together every year.
4. I admire that you have dedicated a large part of your lives to serving others. I feel this is the biggest key to your success.

So, happy anniversary. I cannot wait to celebrate in April. Thanks for taking hubby and me on a cruise because we are your favorites. My siblings keep telling me they are invited as well, is this true??

Sincerely, Shelley (your favorite child)

No comments:

Post a Comment