Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dear Mothers of Boys

Dear Mothers of Boys,

I have noticed something peculiar over the last year. Most young boys are going to school without combing their hair these days. I first noticed this when I began working in the international school in Amman last year. My students were of many different nationalities, yet they all had one thing in common, their messy hair! Then last summer we moved here to Washington, DC and it is the same scenario. Every morning my sons are the only ones at the bus stop with wet, combed hair. I asked one of my more "style conscious" friends and she told me that "bed head" is very hip right now. Do you all agree? I just don't know if I can do it. My boys have really wild hair in the mornings. Maybe you are all just styling your sons hair to look like bed head? Please advise, I am very perplexed by this issue.

Sincerely, Shelley and her styled sons

1 comment:

  1. I've had the SAME issue with my boys! When I comb Camden's hair in the morning he rolls his eyes and says, "Mom...I'm the only one in my class who ever has his hair combed." He seems embarrassed by it! So what does a mother do? Am I making my son a social outcast by combing his hair? Any advice would also be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete