Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dear Mother Nature

Dear Mother Nature,

I am starting to think I had too high of expectations of our year in Washington D.C. Since you gave this area several big snow storms the last few years, I anticipated the same this year. Unfortunately, I got my three kids really excited for our year here. I told them we would be sledding, building snowmen, and possibly they would learn to ski.

I realize it is a bit hypocritical to be asking you for snow, since I have spent my whole life in pursuit of blissful heat. However, I find it cruel that you gave Amman, Jordan snow this weekend and we are without snow again! We lived in Amman the last two years and we never came close to snow. Now come on, these few teases you have given us this winter are just not sufficient. I am getting a bit desperate since we are moving to Dubai this summer. I don't want my kids only childhood memories of playing in the snow to be at the Dubai indoor ski resort with man made snow! So, what do you say? Do you mind giving us a little white love?

Sincerely, Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment