Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dear American School of Dubai

Dear American School of Dubai,

Thank you for finally giving us the news that our children have been reserved spots for the upcoming school year. Wow, I am really exhausted from the lengthy application process. I think your application and requirements are more  involved than a college application. I still can't believe it was necessary for you to have letters of recommendation for incoming elementary school students.

 I will admit I am a little nervous for the entrance exams my sons must take in August for final admittance. I promise my children are functioning on grade level, but what if they have test anxiety? How well do they need to do? Just a little FYI, I am a pretty accomplished baker. Mint brownies are one of my specialties. I may be bringing a few with me to the exam. Oh wait, it is going to be during Ramadan. Scratch that. Will you take an IOU? 

Sincerely, Shelley (an educator who is NOT capable of homeschooling)

No comments:

Post a Comment