Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear Third Grade Teachers

Dear Third Grade Teachers,

Congratulations on a successful Ancient Civilizations Celebration at school today. My youngest son and I enjoyed volunteering at your big event very much. Your decorations were superb, the games and crafts were a big hit, and the food brought in by parents was quite a spread. Sorry my son ate so much, I promise I fed him before we came. He just really loves pita and hummus, actually he loves anything edible.

May I make a recommendation? Next year hold the activity in the afternoon. I was surprised your activity started at 7:45 a.m. I felt bad for you when I left at 10:30 a.m. and you still had four more hours with very wound up students. It has to be quite stressful for you to start your day off with such a big activity. As a mom it was quite stressful for me to have celebration food prepared this morning while trying to get myself and three kids ready for the day at 7:30 a.m. I think I have lived overseas too long, only in the U.S. do activities start before noon. I am sure you have your reasons, although I can't think of any.

Sincerely, Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment