Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dear Children

Dear Children, 

Saturday chores did not go as well as I had hoped this morning. I feel they were a little counterproductive. One of my favorite sayings in Spanish is "negocio redondo" meaning a circular negotiation that has no end. That is how I felt this morning. You all were working so hard, but we weren't accomplishing much! Next Saturday let's be sure we close the vacuum insert so that the dust isn't just being moved around the rooms. And I will be sure you have window cleaner, not bleach bathroom cleaner, before I sent you off to do the windows and mirrors.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt that your acts were not intentional, this time.

Sincerely, Mom (aka your Saturday morning boot-camp sergeant)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you know how much I enjoy your great blog posts! They make me laugh and are so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita! I really enjoy your blog as well. It is healthy to find a little humor in motherhood, especially when you have to clean your house twice in one day!

    ReplyDelete