Monday, May 21, 2012

Dear Dad

Dear Dad, 

Well, it's official. My oldest son loves the Sunday Comics as much as you do. He can't wait for the weekend newspaper to come. He races to retrieve the "Funnies" before his younger brother gets to them. No, his younger brother can't read them yet, he just wants them to tease his older brother.

 So, now that we are moving overseas again, I don't have the heart to tell my son that there are no "Friday Funnies" in the Middle East (Friday being their Sunday). Although you have managed to find a few political cartoons you enjoy sending to me, I don't think he will understand most of them. For example, how a Saudi man who remarries does not need to replace his wedding picture. ;)

So, what do you say, can you save your comics for him? They would make great filling in one of mom's care packages.

Sincerely, Your Favorite Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment