Monday, May 28, 2012

Dear Local Artist

Dear Local Artist,

I am ecstatic to finally own one of your signed prints. I really had to fight for it during the silent auction at the Memorial Day breakfast. Your framed print was the "hot item" of the auction. There were several other women who wanted to take it home to adorn their homes, but I got it! After having lived in Panama, Mexico, and Jordan I have learned a few things about competition and keeping your elbows swinging for what you want. I probably should feel a little guilty for keeping the only writing pen hidden those last few seconds before the auction ended. Oh well, I am moving in two weeks so no new friendships were needed to be made. I did redeem my shame a little by staying and cleaning up after the event. Thanks so much, your artwork is going to look great in our next house!

Sincerely, Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment